Pages

Friday 30 December 2016

Last exchange of 2016

I took part in a Christmas/Winter exchange at Friendly Stitchers and received these two beautiful ornaments and thread from Meg (Committed Stitcher).

Christmas/Winter exchange 2016 - Friendly Stitchers

In exchange I stitched The Drawn Thread's 'A Spot of Winter'. I had considered finishing it as a flat ornament or hanging ornament but felt it looked too large; so it was finished as a pillow. I replaced the snowflake charm with mistletoe as the charm I had was too large.

A Spot of Winter - The Drawn Thread
stitched on 32ct Smokey Pearl Belfast with recommended threads



7 comments:

  1. Well this was a lovely exchange Mary! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ornaments Mary, both sent and received.

    Hope you had a lovely Christmas, and wishing you a Happy New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both gifts for the exchange are beautifully stitched and finished. A very nice end of the year exchange.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty exchange, Mary! I have always loved the Spot of Winter--need to stitch it someday soon!

    Wishing you and your family every happiness in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty exchange
    Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely exchange. I stitched the Spot of Winter in December myself.
    You left a comment on my blog about joining the next blog hop but you are a "no-reply" person. Please could you email a reply to this comment so I have an address for you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.