Pages

Wednesday 23 April 2014

I forgot to say

I was so pleased with the items that I received in my recent exchanges, I forgot to show what I had stitched for my exchange partners.
For my Needlecraft Haven partner, Christine, I stitched this Spring sewing pocket found at Createand decorate
Spring Bunny Sewing Pocket -  Terry Loewen
Stitched on 28ct Natural Cashel linen
and for my Friendly Stitcher's partner, Thoeria, I stitched this needlecase for Stitcher's Day. The pdf for this free design can be found here.
Coeurbroderie2 - sablaise.over-blog.com
Stitched on 32ct natural Belfast linen
I enjoyed choosing each of these designs. For me, one of the things I like about exchanges (other than the surprise of receiving something beautiful from another stitcher) is that I HAVE to finish my stitching as something. I'm not very good at finishing my stitching for myself. Left to my own devices, a completed piece of stitching is often put in a drawer and just taken out to be admired now and again. In contrast, the stitched gifts I receive are displayed in a basket where I can see them every day.

Is not finishing stitching for yourself a common affliction or am I in the minority?

3 comments:

  1. Two wonderful gifts you send out Mary.
    A lot of my projects sit in a drawer waiting for something to be done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'ai la même philosophie,je montre avec grand plaisir les objets que je reçois en cadeaux,surtout les jolies broderies.
    Douce soirée

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my stitcher's pocket.
    I have loads of unfinished finishes lying around!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and leaving a comment.

It is lovely to hear what you think.